The start of the new school year is usually the first indication that autumn is near. However, for many seeing Halloween decorations popping up is the real sign that fall is here, and do you know who loves Halloween just as much as any other festive American? Marketers! Halloween marketing is the perfect jumpstart into the holiday shopping season and a very good time to market your products and services. You don’t have to be in the candy or costume industry to benefit from Halloween marketing. Just about any company can find a way to piggyback on Halloween to promote their business. Check out these terrifyingly motivational marketing statistics and predictions to help you get ready for this spooktacular holiday.
1. 69.1% of Americans plan to celebrate Halloween in 2016
That’s over 171 million Americans. Halloween marketing creates plenty of opportunities for your business to boost sales.
2. Total spending is expected to reach $8.4 billion
According to research by NRF, this is the highest Halloween spending they’ve recorded.
3. 43% of people start shopping for Halloween during the first two weeks of October
That’s right now! It’s an excellent time to get into the spirit and add Halloween fun to your marketing. What other time will you be able to use ghosts and jack-o-lanterns in your email campaign or direct mail?
4. 83% of people say the state of the economy will have no effect on their Halloween spending
Spending may suffer during other times of the year, but not during Halloween. Take advantage of the holiday!
5. Americans enjoy taking advantage of early-bird promotions both online and in-store
Like I said before, it’s not too early to use this holiday as a marketing strategy.
6. Millennial consumers are most likely to participate in Halloween
18-34 year olds hold the fate of sales revenues in their hands, so don’t forget to consider them when you’re developing your Halloween marketing plan.
7. Community Halloween events are becoming the new alternative to door-to-door trick-or-treating
Have your business host a Halloween event such as a costume contest to use as an opportunity to connect with customers and prospects.
After a long summer, people are excited to welcome the fall season celebrating Halloween, and consumers are spending more than ever during this holiday season. Businesses of all kinds can prepare to take advantage of the holiday. With the proper marketing and creative promotions, any company can make a profit out of this lucrative holiday. For more on Halloween marketing, please read our previous blog post featuring 3 Killer Halloween Marketing Tips and Ideas.