Video prospecting is a sales technique that involves using personalized video content to connect with and engage potential customers. By creating and sharing tailored videos that speak directly to a prospect’s needs, pain points, and interests, sales teams can establish deeper connections, build trust, and ultimately close more deals. In this article, we will explore the various aspects of video prospecting, including how it works, why it is effective, and provide some use cases for reference.
How Video Prospecting Works
The process of video prospecting involves three primary steps:
- Recording, and
Here is a breakdown of each step:
The first step of video prospecting involves researching your target prospect. You need to know who they are, what they do, what they need, and what their pain points are. You can use a variety of sources to gather this information, including:
- Social Media Profiles
- Company Websites
- Industry Publications
- Public Databases
By gathering this information, you can create a more personalized and relevant video that speaks directly to the prospect’s needs and interests.
Once you have gathered the necessary information, it’s time to record your video. There are a few things to keep in mind when creating a video prospecting message:
- Keep it short and to the point. Most videos should be no more than two minutes long.
- Speak clearly and confidently. Practice your script beforehand to ensure that you are delivering your message effectively.
- Use visuals to enhance your message. This could include slides, images, or other relevant content.
Once you have recorded your video, it’s time to send it to your prospect. You can use a variety of methods to share your video, including:
- Email: You can send the video as an attachment or include a link to the video in your email.
- LinkedIn: You can share the video as a post or send it directly to the prospect via LinkedIn messaging.
- Text message: You can send the video as a link in a text message.
By sharing your video in a personalized and relevant way, you increase the likelihood of the prospect engaging with your message and ultimately becoming a customer.
Why Video Prospecting is Effective
Video prospecting is an effective sales technique for several reasons:
- Personalization – By creating personalized videos for each prospect, you are demonstrating that you have taken the time to understand their needs and interests. This personalization builds trust and helps establish a deeper connection with the prospect.
- Engagement – Video content is more engaging than text-based content. By using video, you can capture the prospect’s attention and keep them engaged throughout your message.
- Differentiation – Using video sets you apart from other salespeople who are still relying on traditional sales techniques like phone calls and emails. By using video, you are demonstrating that you are willing to innovate and try new things to connect with your prospects.
- Memorability – People are more likely to remember video content than text-based content. By creating a memorable video message, you increase the likelihood that the prospect will remember your brand and your message.
- Tracking – Video prospecting platforms often include analytics and tracking features that allow sales teams to monitor engagement and track the success of their outreach efforts. This can help teams to identify what’s working and what’s not, and adjust their approach accordingly.
Use Cases for Video Prospecting
Video prospecting can be used in a variety of sales scenarios. Here are some examples:
- Cold Outreach – When reaching out to a new prospect for the first time, video prospecting can be a highly effective way to establish a connection and differentiate yourself from other salespeople. By creating a personalized video message that speaks directly to the prospect’s needs and interests, you increase the likelihood that they will engage with your message and respond to your outreach.
- Follow-Up – When following up with a prospect after an initial outreach, video prospecting can be a great way to keep the conversation going. By creating a video that recaps your previous conversation and provides additional value or information, you demonstrate that you are invested in the prospect’s success and are committed to providing value beyond just making a sale.
- Sales Presentations – Video prospecting can also be used in sales presentations to enhance the overall experience for the prospect. By including personalized video messages throughout your presentation, you can break up the monotony of the traditional presentation format and keep the prospect engaged.
- Account-Based Marketing – Account-based marketing (ABM) is a marketing strategy that involves targeting a specific set of high-value accounts and creating personalized marketing campaigns for each account. Video prospecting can be a highly effective component of an ABM campaign, as it allows you to create personalized videos for each account that speak directly to their needs and interests.
- Customer Success – Video prospecting can also be used in customer success scenarios to deepen relationships with existing customers. By creating personalized videos that address the customer’s pain points and provide additional value or information, you can demonstrate that you are committed to their success and are invested in their long-term relationship with your brand.
Video Prospecting Technology Companies
There are a variety of companies that can be used to help create video content for prospecting. Some examples include:
- Vidyard: Vidyard is a video hosting and analytics platform that allows sales teams to create and send personalized videos, track engagement, and integrate with a variety of sales and marketing platforms.
- Loom: Loom is a video messaging platform that allows sales teams to create and send videos directly from their email or messaging app, and track engagement.
- BombBomb: BombBomb is a video messaging platform that includes features such as personalization, tracking, and integration with popular sales and marketing tools.
- Vidello: Vidello is a video hosting and marketing platform that includes features such as video analytics, A/B testing, and conversion tracking.
- Hippo Video: Hippo Video is a video marketing platform that includes features such as screen recording, video editing, and personalized video messaging.
Video prospecting is a powerful sales technique that can help sales teams connect with potential customers in a more personalized and engaging way. By creating personalized videos that speak directly to a prospect’s needs and interests, sales teams can establish deeper connections, build trust, and ultimately close more deals. With the rise of video content in today’s digital landscape, video prospecting is quickly becoming a must-have tool for any sales team looking to differentiate themselves from the competition and drive more revenue.
Sign Up for Blog Updates & Enjoy Fresh Helpful Content Sent to Your Inbox!